Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bad Mom. Bad Doctor.

Mateo has been having colds and cough for weeks. Last week we gave him Klaz but when he developed fever day 2 of klaz, I brought him to Dr Ching. She thought she heard some rales which might indicate pneumonia and even his tita Sheila suggested that we shift antibiotics to a stronger one.

His fever went down on the same day so I decided not to shift him yet. He was okay for 5 days. Playing, eating and afebrile. :)

This morning he seemed congested again and I thought had allergies.

I went to work and got a call at 6:30 pm. His fever was 39.9! Hay! I rushed home and told Chris and Manang Gilda that we are bringing Mateo to the hospital to have his lab work up. But when I saw Mateo, he looked tired and very sleepy. So not himself. He used to be alert and active even when he was sick. Panic mode!

So I brought him to the ER instead! Good thing SLMC in the fort is not congested ! He was promptly attended to. The chest xray and CBC results showed Pneumonia. :(

I should have shifted antibiotics last week. Bad mom. Bad doctor. :(



We are home now. Hopefully he gets better asap!

No comments:

Followers

Powered By Blogger

amazingbabyrace

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

About Me

My photo
i am a 31 year old wife ttc for 2 years :) had my first iui 6 months ago bfn. fast forward to jan 2008, IVF # 1... hoping for a BFP :)

im cycling :)